Bohemian Babydoll Dress - Made From Scraps!

Monday, April 21, 2014

in
I was lucky enough to be selected to test the newest pattern from Elegance and Elephants - the Bohemian Babydoll Dress.  I first saw pictures on Instagram and knew that this was one that would be a hit with my kid.

The pattern is a no-closure, breezy, over-the-head, tunic or dress.  All features my kid loves.

The sewing took maybe a couple of hours.  The fabric and embroidery selection - well, that took WAY too long!

When I saw the pattern, it just reminded me of summer.  I wanted to use something that reminded me of summer on Cape Cod....well, this plaid that I had in my stash from long ago totally worked.  I believe I used it to make a shirt from my son back in the day.  I had a teeny bit of lightweight denim leftover from the first dress I made Julia when I finally got a new sewing machine - I think she was about 18 months old.  Then, the embroidery choosing.....I went back to the Urban Threads website - my new absolute favorite source for designs (now that I've figured out how to download to my machine). 

This is a size 4 with 5 length.  According to the pattern release, she made some tweaks to the bodice size and neckline size.  My kid loves the way it fits, but I may try it again with a size 3 bodice (and the same length).





 
A seriously cute pattern - I can also see this in corduroy, with a turtleneck under it in the fall.....thanks to Heidi for letting me test!

2 comments:

  1. It is adorable! I love the embroidery on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! It's really a sweet pattern - you should try it!

      Delete